The Vāsovāya collection by Roopkala Heritage.
The origin of the Katan Silk Saree goes back to Persia. Women belonging to Royal families during the Mughal empire used to wear luxurious and elaborately designed clothes using Katan Silk. The main element of Katan fabric or Katan Silk is its sturdy and showcases the richness of the Royal look. Katan is a plain woven fabric with pure silk threads. It is crafted by twisting two or three silk filaments together and is mostly used for the wrapping of light fabrics. Nur Jahan Begum has been always remembered for designing and popularizing new fashions and designs using the fabric Katan Silk.
- Owing to the Royal feels and unparalleled ethnicity that the timeless six-yards lends, a lot of brides are switching from bridal lehengas to sarees for their big day. While some are swearing by modish sheer & lacey drapes, others are sticking to the conventional patterns. However, of all the exisiting types, the one that is ranging big time is this Dazzling Royal Blue Color and Silk like Katan!
- As happy and vivid as a beautiful day in Spring! Few things can bring on the festive spirit like a vibrant Katan Silk Saree. The best blend of culture and gaiety, in pure katan silk, the handloom Banarsi Silk, is a classic dedicated to the rich weaving tradition of Banaras.
- This saree showcases labor of love, encapsulating centuries of weaving traditions and craftsmanship. Wrap yourself in these yards of our Vāsovāya collection by Roopkala Heritage.
- This saree is the celebration of Indian textile art featuring a stunning shade of Royal Blue that involves the painstaking addition of supplementary colored zari threads during the handwaving process.
- A truly exquisite katan silk and a gorgeous pallu adorned with elongated feather-style butas all over. Each and every buta involves an elaborate and laborious technique that is hand-woven separately. This exceptional weaving quality and grandeur are certain to make their way into your cherished family heirlooms.
- Luxury is in the details of this handwoven creation with rich and intricate Banarsi opulence! This dazzling silk with its breathtaking artistry and durability, delicate zari vines, and flowers blooming with abandon is captivating nothing less than a word – Perfect!
- The heavy zari border is a gift from the eternal city of Banaras, luxurious and adorned with exquisite floral jaal which makes this saree extraordinary because special occasions deserve something extraordinary!
Note:- The blouse is only for representational purposes.