The Vāsovāya collection by Roopkala Heritage.
The origin of the Katan Silk Saree goes back to Persia. Women belonging to Royal families during the Mughal empire used to wear luxurious and elaborately designed clothes using Katan Silk. The main element of Katan fabric or Katan Silk is its sturdy and showcases the richness of the Royal look. Katan is a plain woven fabric with pure silk threads. It is crafted by twisting two or three silk filaments together and is mostly used for the wrapping of light fabrics. Nur Jahan Begum has been always remembered for designing and popularizing new fashions and designs using the fabric Katan Silk.
- This season, Roopkala Heritage has come up with the Vāsovāya collection which is a mix of some timeless classics with some perfect additions and has indulged in the old world, in the forgotten romance of portraits. This one from our Vāsovāya collection is a classic work where the sheen of silks and the luster of silver zari are matched unmistakably.
- We couldn’t have imagined a more beautiful canvas to present our signature weaves. The drape featured in this collection is inspired by our impressions of yesteryear heroines and their captivating screen presence, laced with old-world finery.
- This Dainty Powder Blue Banarsi Katan Silk is the grandeur and heritage of Banarsi handloom summed up in one gorgeous piece. A striking interplay of silver zari weaved in silk fabric is captivating hues and the sharp arches from the caves are enhancing the beautiful and artistic borders and pallu.
- Soft as butter, Pure Katan Silk – This saree promises to win many hearts and shall indeed be passed down through generations. The charm of this saree unveils a tender touch that is complied with Banarsi craft.
- Own this stellar ensemble to flaunt at your intimate occasions or wedding crafted in compelling combinations and silk textile that enrich your charm. Silver zari is highlighted with subtle florals and architectural sculptures that will suit you even at daylight occasions or weddings.
- This is an extravagant saree with magnificent Banarsi treasure and with an all-over zari weave is rich, unconventional, and utterly fabulous!
- This saree features a special and stunning shade of blue that changes the shine or shade in every move yet balances the daintiness.
- This pure silk is synonymous with the ancient waters of the ghat, rather uncommon in Banarsi sarees. An absolute beauty with a feel of an ethereal factor, this Banarsi is gorgeous that cannot be missed, and is quite a must-have!
Note:- The blouse is only for representational purposes.